Woman rescued from Phoenix house fire near 67th Ave/McDowell

Share

An 83-year-old man died who perished a fire Saturday at his Hickory Township home died of smoke inhalation.

Crews were called to the home on Hartzell Road after neighbors and motorists passing by noticed flames coming from the living room, according to the police report.

Wearing breathing apparatus, two officers used a dry powder extinguisher, a thermal imaging camera and a large fan to extinguish the fire.


The fire started in the basement, Doyle said. The house fire was under control within 20 minutes of crews arriving. He pronounced him dead at the scene. The cause of this fire was deemed accidental, according to Cooley.

A second alarm brought additional firefighters from Red Hook, Rhinebeck and Livingston fire departments.

Share