President Buhari in Yobe, to meet parents of #DapchiGirls


SPECIAL Assistant to Former President Goodluck Jonathan on New Media, Reno Omokri said on Wednesday that President Muhammadu Buhari lied by claiming that he handled the Dapchi Girls kidnapping saga better than Jonathan handled the Chibok girls kidnap.

"While we welcome the visit of President Buhari to affected states, we encourage the government and all stakeholders to engage decisively in order to promote a constructive dialogue with the aim of finding viable solutions and sustainable economic policies that would permit all to live in peace, whatever their ethnicity or religion".

The kidnapping is one of the largest since the jihadist group Boko Haram abducted more than 270 schoolgirls from the northeastern town of Chibok in 2014.

Dozens of the Chibok school girls were freed in exchange for the release of Boko Haram prisoners.

In his speech, Buhari said he was aware of "orchestrations by some evil elements to take advantage of the development to score cheap political points".

"Our Mosques and Churches witnessed daily bomb attacks".

"Due to our commitment, over 100 Chibok girls have been rescued and reunited with their families, sent back to school and empowered with requisite skills".

"How is it possible that a terrorist group that we were informed to have been completely defeated was able to abduct 110 Dapchi girls".

This came from Co-Convener of the group, Oby Ezekwezili, during a rally for the release of the abducted school girls at the Villa gate in Abuja, on Tuesday.

President Buhari will also meet with traditional and community leaders in the state. Why was there no air surveillance by the Nigeria Air Force which is still at the battlefront? The girls, like all our citizens, must enjoy unhindered freedom and pursue their legitimate aspirations.

Some of the parents of the abducted girls also confirmed that they had been invited to the Government House in Damaturu for the meeting.

Members of the group are suspected of the latest kidnapping, on February 19, in the state of Yobe.

"On what basis and on whose instruction was the military withdrawn from Dapchi, and to whom did they hand over, and many others".

"The Government, under my watch, will continue to maintain normalcy and ensure that incidents of this nature are stopped".

The group accused the government of incompetence and hidden agenda for allowing the same abduction tragedy to take place without taking precautionary measures to forestall it.