Alaska Airlines crew donned rubber gloves forced to deal with naked passenger


One male passenger took off his clothes and barricaded himself onboard an Alaska Airlines flight to Seattle on Wednesday.

At this point, the pilot made a decision to turn back to Anchorage where airport police came onboard to remove the passenger.

The plane was met back in Anchorage by the airline police and the Federal Bureau of Investigation and they hauled the man off the plane.

"There was a subject on the aircraft that had barricaded or locked himself in the bathroom, the lavatory", Airport Police and Fire Sgt. Darcey Perry said.

"Flight attendants did find that the subject was naked", Perry said, without elaborating.

Alaska Airlines spokesman Tim Thompson told The Associated Press in an email that the flight turned back to Alaska "due to a passenger not following flight attendant's instructions". According to the passenger, after the plane was forced to land in Anchorage, the police came in and took the naked passenger out through the back door. Passengers then had to disembark and wait three and a half hours until the next flight. "The passenger was escorted off the flight by officers", he said. KTVA-TV reports that a spokeswoman for Alaska Airline's attorney said no charges had been filed against the suspect.

She said several men stood near the bathroom to block everyone from seeing the naked man get taken off the flight.

Federal Bureau of Investigation agents responded to the airport and spoke with the naked passenger, Perry said, but it wasn't clear whether he was arrested. It landed at 2:44 a.m. local time and arrived to the gate at 3:14 a.m. local time, FlightAware's data showed.

"I'd rather go back to Anchorage than have something happen", Danyluk said.

Danyluk clearly has her head screwed on though, and wasn't too annoyed by having to turn around and go back.

"No final determination has been made yet whether or not charges will be brought", Chloe Martin, a spokeswoman for the US attorney's office in Alaska, added to the agency.

The flight, which was originally scheduled to take off at 1:25 a.m., ultimately departed again at 6:37 a.m., according to the airline's website.