Conor McGregor apologizes for shoving official at Bellator 187

Share

De La Hoya, on the other hand, has been involved in some of the most lucrative fights of the century. I still have it in me. "I helped train a guy to kill someone, and then someone wound up dying". I'm faster than ever and stronger than ever.

Conor McGregor has apologised for his behaviour during the Bellator 187 event last weekend after he was barred from headlining UFC 219 due to his actions.

I sincerely apologize for my behavior at last weekends fight event in Dublin. Two rounds. That's all I need.

"Once I know that I had stepped across and in between the fighters at 4:59, then the fight is officially over and there is no going back", Goddard wrote on Facebook. You heard it on Golden Boy Radio.

Retired boxer Oscar De La Hoya has apparently been training in hopes of a comeback, almost ten years after he last fought. De La Hoya doesn't need to get back in the ring, and Conor McGregor fans shouldn't be willing to blow $100 to see a glorified sparring match.

The fight McGregor refers to here is Ward vs. Joao Carvalho, which took place April 9.


The 1992 Olympic gold medallist, a 10-time world champion, was one of the loudest critics of McGregor s foray into boxing earlier this year, when he lost a money-spinning duel with Floyd Mayweather.

"Bloke KO'd on the floor bout a minute straight and ref trying to say fights not over Conor", McGregor said in a now-deleted tweet explaining what happened. He would destroy me! "Only in the ring", De La Hoya said. De La Hoya famously referred to the Mayweather-McGregor fight as a "farce" while making a point to say that he thought the sport of boxing may never recover from such a bout.

Even though there was no official announcement, Conor McGregor was seemingly set to return to the Octagon at UFC 219 against Interim Lightweight Champion Tony Ferguson.

"You know I'm competitive", he said.

De La Hoya has battled drug and alcohol addiction, has been to rehabilitation multiple times and now faces charges stemming from a DUI arrest earlier in the year. The three UCLA players will now likely get a token suspension that will have no impact on the team's long-term prospects and the Bruins will just hope we all forget this ever happened. "It's not all peaches and cream, but life is life and you have to think about the solution of what you have to do to keep walking". In June 2015, De La Hoya told ESPN he was considering a return to the ring. "I wasn't just watching that fight".

Share