Pietersen, Morgan and Jason Roy had signed separate contracts outside the draft as overseas worldwide icon players for fees believed to be around £200,000 that included the use of image rights to promote the tournament, which was due to begin on Dec 3.
"While we are obviously disappointed with the decision taken so close to the start of the tournament, we accept the hard position that CSA found itself in and we hope the decision to delay the start will give them sufficient time to sort out the outstanding issues", said a statement released by the team. Lorgat had been considered the mastermind of the T20 Global League product.
The release said that the franchise owners have agreed with CSA over this decision.
Both him and president Chris Nenzani gave the assurance that the tournament will commence on November 3 and that the team owners are committed to their investments.
"If you have a look at where we are in terms of the budgets we had allocated in running the league, if you look at the numbers put in front of us for sponsorship and broadcast deals, we were going to make losses of between $6-$8 million every year for the next five years".
"I think it will be necessary for CSA to appoint its own independent review into what has actually transpired here as there are significant implications across South African cricket".
The T20 GL has been hampered by various logistical challenges and it's financial viability is still in doubt because no broadcasting deal has been signed.
The problems compounded when CSA and its former CEO Haroon Lorgat parted ways. The amount was close to half of CSA's cash reserves.
FICA shares the concern and disappointment voiced by the South African Cricketers' Association (SACA) at the announcement by CSA of the postponement of the T20 Global League.
After South Africa's upcoming four-day match against Zimbabwe, there is a chance that the country won't enjoy any cricket between October and December.