10 killed in Nigeria mosque attack

Share

Security agencies are yet to comment on the latest attacks in the region.

Boko Haram, which is suspected to be responsible for Monday's attacks, had been blamed for the deaths of more than 20,000 people and displacment of 2.3 million others in Nigeria since their insurgency started in 2009.

Some of them were heard chanting, "leave, we do not need your assistance".

The youths, armed with club and sticks, smashed one of SEMA vehicles and prevented the team from carrying out its mission.

An official of the state emergency agency, who pleaded anonymity, confirmed the incident, but said only their vehicle was damaged.

According to report, the residents of the area had tried to apprehend the suicide bomber who was looking suspicious, but she ran into the mosque and detonated the explosive strapped on her body.

Grema said that he lost some his friends in the attack.


The police Public Relations Officer, ASP Victor Isuzu, did not respond to phone calls and text messages.

The University Mosque has remained vulnerable to suicide attacks ever since.

Last Monday, at least 19 people were killed and 23 others injured when four women set off their bombs in the Molai Kolemari area of the city.

However, the Sun newspaper is reporting that the attack was carried out by one female bomber.

Only suicide bomber was killed in the incident, he said.

A suspected female suicide bomber wreaked havoc in a local mosque in London Chinki axis of the city, killing some 10 people, Xinhua learned.

Share